Getting to Mestia
Video of marshrutka bus from Zugdidi to Mestia
- Marshroutka (set-route public minivan) from Tbilisi-Mestia: Daily departures from bavshta samqaro (Children’s World) Shopping Centre, left of the Tbilisi Railway Station. Departures at 0600 – we recommend to arrive at 0500 to book your seat. Cost: 30 GEL one way. Travel time: c. 12 hours, including 2 meal stops en route. Similar daily departures from Mestia to Tbilisi or Zugdidi;
- Night train (bed in a 4-berth coupe) from Tbilisi-Zugdidi: Nightly departures from Tbilisi Railway Station at 10:30 p.m., arrive in Zugdidi at 6:30 a.m., c. 6-hour marshroutka from there to Mestia. Total cost for train and marshroutka together: 31 GEL;
- Flying: up to 3 weekly small plane flights Tbilisi-Mestia: from Tbilisi International Airport, departure at 1000, WEATHER DEPENDENT. Book from Pegasus Airlines office in Tbilisi, telephone 8 322 400 400. Total luggage allowance 15 kg/person. Cost: 75 GEL. Travel time: c. 2 hours;
- Private car hire: Tbilisi to Mestia, 800 GEL;
- Jeep tours from Tbilisi: Prices start at 700 GEL.